What can Recuva Do?
- Undelete files on your Windows computer;
- Recovery from damaged or formatted disks;
- Recover deleted emails;
- Recover deleted iPod music;
- Restore unsaved Word documents;
- Restores files from external ZIP drives , Firewire and USB Hard drives;
Features of Recuva:
Rcover Files on Your Computer
Accidently deleted files on your computer? Recuva brings back lost files on your computer, USB drive, camera or iPod.
- Recover photographs, documents, music files, even emails that you accidently deleted off your computer, safely, quickly and easily.
- Scanning your drives for the files you need, then recovering them in a flash.
- Recuva works on any rewriteable media such as digital camera's memory card, any external hard drive, USB.
- For prosumer and pro photographers, Recuva supports the Nikon RAW and Canon RAW (.CRW) formats.
- Support recovering files directly from the iPod's drive. Even though you can't access files on your iPod directly, Recuva can. You don't have to worry about losing music from iTunes or your iPod any more.
Recovery Data from damaged or formatted disks
Windows users a hidden index on hard drives, USB drives and memory cards. Instead of having to search through the entire drive for a file you request, all it has to do is look it up in the index -- that's much faster. If the index is damaged, Windows can not find your files anymore, even if the files themselves haven't been corrupted. Recuva can still find your files on it.
- The dreaded hard drive crash. The file you forgot to backup before you reformatted a drive. The camera memory card with your holiday snaps that no longer works. That's Recuva comes in.
- Recuva can scan all parts of a drive, looking for the bits that make up your files. If a drive's index has been damaged, chances are other parts of the drive may have been damaged too. Recuva will show you a list of files it has found on the drive, and give you an estimate of the likelihood of success of recovering them.
- Similarly, when you format a drive (especially if you use the Quick Format option), Windows erases the hidden index but does not overwrite the existing files until you start saving new data to it. Recuva can still scan the drive's contents to find your files.
Quick-Start Wizard and Deep Scan
For beginning and intermediate users, Recuva has a quick-start Wizard that guides you through the process of recovering your files. Recuva can find most files within a minute. Or, set the Deep Scan to look for more deeply-buried results.
- Recuva's default quick scan will run through a large hard drive for deleted files in seconds. If you're looking for a file you recently deleted, or a file that's not on a damaged or corrupted drive, you should try the default scan first. It's fast and will find your file 90% of the time. If time is critical, this is the choice for you.
- On the other hand, not every deleted or damaged file is easy to find. Some of them take a bit more digging. Recuva's Deep Scan option helps you find even more files buried on your hard drive or removable drives. It takes longer but it's worth it.
Recuva comes in a portable version with no installer required just for the following occasions:
Since portable Recuva lives entirely on the USB drive, it will leave no traces of use on your PC. With no installation required and no hard drive space, Recuva is your ideal portable Swiss Army Knife to recover files -- anywhere, anytime.
- No Internet connection available;
- Going over to Great-Aunt Sally to help her recover digital photos of her dear cat?
- Recover files from a work PC that doesn't allow you to install software
Full Windows OS support and many languages
Recuva supports as many versions of Windows and over 30 30 languages.
- Windows 7, Windows 2008 Server, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2003 Server, Windows 2000
- English, Albanian, Arabic, Armenian, Bosanski, Bulgarian, Catala, Cesky, Chinese (Traditional), Chinese (Simplified), Dansk, Deutsch, Eesti keel, Espanol, French, Greek, Hebrew, Hrvatski, Italiano, Japanese, Lietuviu, Magyar, Nederlands, Norwegian, Polski, Portugues Brasiliero, Romana, Russian, Serbian Cyrillic, Slovensky, Suomi, Svenska, Turkce, Ukrainian, Vietnamese.