CleverFile Data Recovery for Mac OS X
- Recover data from internal & external hard drive & other media right on your Mac;
- Find and retrieve deleted photos from memory cards, or USB drive on your Macintosh;
- Recover data from partitioned or formatted disk drives right on your Mac;
- Recover deleted & lost music, videos, podcasts & other data from your iPod Classic, Nano, Mini or Shuffle;
- Find and recover deleted or damaged files from HFS/HFS+, FAT, NTFS & other file systems on your Mac;
- Disk Drill Basic – the free edition you can choose to protect your Mac data from accidental loss.
Why use Disk Drill?
Do you need to recover deleted files in Mac OS X, such as your important business documents, photos, videos or music? Then Disk Drill can help.
Whether in case you have trouble accessing an external USB drive or camera card, or have files or whole partitions gone missing from your Mac, Disk Drill can retrieve files from computer and other storage devices, such as USB drives, external hard drives, mobile phones, digital cameras, iPod, MP3/MP4 players and so on.
Disk Drill uses unique Recovery Vault technology for Macintosh to help you prevent data loss and can recover data from HFS/HFS+/FAT/NTFS and other file systems (PRO).
Recover Data From Almost Any Mac-based Storage Device:
No matter what type of storage device you’ve lost data from, only if you can connect it to your Mac and view the contents, Disk Drill can scan it. Even if you’re currently having trouble accessing your hard drive or external device, there’s a good chance Dsik Drill will be able to rescue data from it.
- Accidentally deleted files from your Mac’s internal hard drive or a USB flash drive;
- Formatted disk or partition and all files gone;
- Emptied trash and what get back the files;
- Erased photos from a camera or lost videos from a camcorder;
- Deleted or lost music from iPod (Mini, Nano, Shuffle or Classic) in Mac OS;
- Formatted camera or MP3 player;
- Deleted books on an e-reader;
- Been unable to access a memory card (SD Card, Flash card, XD Card, etc.)
- Disk Utility error;
Multiple Recovery Methods
As a invaluable Mac data recovery software, Disk Drill helps to rescue your data no matter what happened and no matter who’s responsible for data loss: accidental deletion, Disk Utility error, data corruption, etc., with several powerful scanning methods.
- Undelete from Recovery Vault
When something is deleted Recovery Vault makes it possible to recover not only the file itself, but also its properties, such as original file name, location, etc. This method is extremely precise and support all file types and all original properties.
- Quick Scan(Pro)
Using Quick Scan you can locate deleted items on FAT and NTFS disks, this scanning method is fast and accurate, but is unlikely to find data deleted long ago. Is very fast, but not precise as not all deleted files still exist in the areas of search.
- Deep Scan
Deep Scan is your last call for help if nothing else works or if data loss is really severe. While it’s not capable of recovering original file names and locations, as well as other meta-data of recovered items, Deep Scan does an impressive job of getting files that were deleted/lost many days ago.
- Universal Partition Search
Recover partitions on HFS+, FAT and NTFS volumes. It works on a disk level, and treats the disk as binary entity, quickly scanning the disk for signatures of known partition headers. Any found partition is mounted as a virtual Disk Image and can then be scanned for lost files.
- Scan for Lost HFS Partition
To find and rebuild HFS+ partitions on your Mac that have been reformatted, you can choose this method. It works on a partition level, scans the partition for the backup copy of the HFS+ partition header. It then uses the backup copy to attempt to recover the data structures that existed before the partition was deleted (formatted). Any found partition is mounted as a virtual Disk Image and can then be scanned for lost files.
- Rebuild HFS+ Catalog File
Rebuild the catalog of HFS+ partitions that won’t mount correctly. Disk Drill uses the existing partition header to locate the B-tree catalog of the HFS+ partition and optimizes it by rebuilding its B-tree structure. The newly rebuilt directory is mounted as a virtual Disk Image and can then be scanned for lost files.
- Allocate Existing File System Data
If the Finder fails to read your data, or Disk Utility reports your drive as unformatted, Disk drill uses its own method to scan the volume or partition and attempt to retrieve the existing data (files, folders, etc.).
Wide Supported Mac Data Recovery Software
Disk Drill is capable of data recovery on Mac OS from any mountable media and supports as many file system as possible. Deep Scan is capable of recovering any type files.
- Disk Drill helps to rescue data on your Mac disks, external or internal hard drives, memory cards, cameras, iPods Classic, etc.
- All file types are supported: photos, music, videos, raw image formats of Cannon, Nikon, documents, reports and other data files. No worries about data loss. Disk Drill will recover deleted files on your Mac!
- All file systems are supported: you can run Mac data recovery on HFS and HFS+ (journaled/extended), FAT16 and FAT32, NTFS, EXT3, EXT4 and actually any other file system, or even on disks that were formatted or initialized.
Protect Data and Never Lose Again
Even the Disk Drill Basic – the free edition features data protection that helps you protect your Mac data from accidental loss.
- Guaranteed Recovery – Keeps an invisible copy of every file you put in your Mac’s Trash
- Recovery Vault – Protects your data invisibly monitoring all deleted files, their location, size and all properties. Unlike many Trash Backup solutions Recovery Vault doesn’t keep hard copies of deleted files saving your precious hard disk space, still being able to recover any file.
- S.M.A.R.T. disk monitoring – You can monitor your ATA, SATA and eSATA disks for hardware failures and get automatic notifications of potential failures or other issues.
Flexible filtering, Searching & Simple to use
Disk Drill is a professional yet easy to use Mac data recovery software that makes recovery process simple with clear hints in every step. Moreover, Disk Drill comes with a built-in tutorial which explains data recovery with samples and references to the product’s user interface.
- While the long deep scanning process, you can save and Load scanning sessions to switch between multiple media during data recovery. You can be sure the progress is safe and not lost. Pause, save a session and get back to your scanning process later, when you have more spare time.
- Various flexible filtering, searching and sorting options help you locate exactly the items you need recovered among hundreds or thousands of files usually available after deep-scanning.
- Convenient preview lets you check the contents of the files you are about to recover: images, video, music, documents, etc. By using Mac OS Quick Look approach, Disk Drill’s preview feature is capable of showing even formats specific to a certain Mac.
- Awesome portable mode: install Disk Drill on any media, and run it on other Macs without installation.
- Disk Drill is built with 64-bit code, and available in English, German, French, Spanish and Italian.
Clean Up Disk with Disk Drill
There is so much disk space on a new Mac! But after a while, we produce more data and our Mac slows down. Disk Drill provides additional disk usage visualization tools, like filters and three display modes, help you free up space effectively. Network drivers are also supported.
Disk Drill analyzes your whole drive and displays a disk map with a list of your files with the largest ones first. That way you can see which files are taking up the most space and decide whether to delete them, move them to another drive, or leave them where they are. You will have plenty of space for new movies, photos and music in no time.