Many users of Data-Retrieval keeps the high rate on searching the question and answer about how to retrieve deleted messages from Facebook messenger on iPhone. Here in this tutorial, I’ll go through the methods to recover Facebook messages on iPhone. Maybe it can help!
Facebook has become a popular Social network in the world. Users are interested in liking, sharing and making comments, as well as chatting with other people, video calling and more. When the mobile life is coming, more and more people manage their Facebook messenger messages on iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch, like archive and delete troublesome messages or remove emails.
There’re two options for removing Facebook Messenger messages on iPhone, delete them or archive them. Archived messages and conversations will no longer be in your list, but you can retrieve archived messages on Facebook iPhone easily. You should note this is quite different from deleting option. The deleted messages are erased permanently and cannot get back. However, sometimes it happens to delete Facebook messages by mistake. We may recognize that several of deleted messages and conversations are useful after deleting.
Accidentally deleted message on Facebook Messenger?
Can Facebook messages be recovered after deleting them on my iPhone?
I send messages via Facebook to my friends and receive also. Once I am done I delete all messages I have sent and received. Is there any way where one can retrieve or check my message history on my iPhone?
Have you ever deleted a Facebook message and want to retrieve it afterward? Facebook Messenger does not provide the option to restore messages you’ve deleted. But don’t upset. Here we can go share for you with the solution, how to recover deleted Facebook Message in iPhone, iPad, iPod touch. Using this tutorial, if you deleted or lost your message accidentally then you can recover them again in your iPhone X/8 Plus/8/7… and any other iOS device below given easy tips.
How to download Facebook chat conversation?
It’s a pain to scroll through and copy and paste to download your whole chat history. If you need to download the whole of your Facebook messages, make an actual copy of your Facebook history logs that you can back up, follow these steps on a computer.
By this method you can also see Photos or videos you’ve shared on Facebook. Your Wall posts, and more.
- After logging in your Facebook account, click ‘Settings’ from the drop-down menu.
- Select and click ‘Your Facebook Information’ from the left menu.
- Next to Download Your Information, click ‘View’.
- Then click ‘Deselect All’ and check on Messages. Or you can optionally keep everything selected to download all of your information.
- Scroll back to the top and click the ‘Create File’ button.
- When the gathering process finished, you can find your file in the ‘Available Files’ tab on the ‘Download Your Information’ page.
- Open the link and click the ‘Download’ button. For security reasons, you’ll probably have to enter your Facebook password.
- Your entire message history from Facebook and Messenger will download as a ZIP file.
How to recover deleted Facebook messages by using an iOS Recover?
dr.fone – iOS Recover is the first iPhone data recovery software on the market, which enables you to recover their deleted Facebook messager messages and attachments on iPhone & iPad. With the highest recovery rate through data recovery industry, it always rescuing your precious data for your iPhone XS (Max)/XR, iPhone X, iPhone 8 (Plus), and more.
- Three recovery modes to guarantee your chance to get back your deleted or lost files.
- Directly restore Text Messages, iMessage, contacts and notes back to your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
- It is total free for you to scan all deleted or lost data on your iOS devices, preview the details and decide whether to buy it or not.
- dr.fone fully supports Windows and Mac OS, including the latest Windows 10, macOS Mojave 10.14.
Once you have installed this software, the easy interface will guide you to connect and scan your iOS device to recover the your data. You can preview and select your Facebook Messenger messages to restore them to your iPhone.
Follow the steps to recover your old deleted Facebook Messenger messages:
Step 1. Install and run this Facebook message recovery software
Once you’ve launched dr.fone iOS Recover, the program will display the main functions on its main window. Select and click “Recovery” to open deleted data recovery module.
Tips: You’re supposed to download the latest iTunes on your computer before launching the program. And you should not launch iTunes when you running this iPhone recovery software to avoid the automatic sync. We suggest you disable the automatic syncing in iTunes beforehand: launch iTunes > Preferences > Devices, check “Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically”.
Step 2. Connect your iPhone to computer
Now it’s time to connect your iPhone from where you’d like to retrieve deleted Facebook messages. Use the USB cable come with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to connect your device with the computer. The program will detect your iOS device as soon as possible, displaying the file types on your iPhone in the main window.
Step 3. Scan deleted Facebook messages on iPhone
One-click Start Scan button to begin scanning for deleted Facebook Messenger messages on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. The scanning process may last a few minutes, depending on the amount of data on your device. You can click “Pause” to stop the process anytime you want.
Step 4. Preview and recover deleted Facebook messages on iPhone
The scan after that, you can see all the found files on the window of the program, both existing and deleted ones. You can choose to show deleted ones by clicking "Only display the deleted items" icon.
On the left sidebar, click on “Messenger” to find the Facebook messages which you want to restore. You can check and preview the deleted Facebook messages one by one. Then check the box related the messages you want and click Recover to Computer button.
Select a file folder on your computer for saving those recovered messages.
Tips: About recovering data
By default, the recovered data will be saved to your computer. As for text messages, iMessage, contacts, or notes, you can choose to “Recover to Computer” or “Recover to Device”. So you can directly restore the deleted Facebook messages to your iPhone.
The free trial version of the program offers free scanning and previewing. If you can not find the deleted Facebook conversations in the scanning result page, you don’t need to purchase the full version. If you’re the lucky one who find your deleted messages or pictures under “Messenger” category, you should click the icon on top of the software to get iOS Recover registration code to possess the full feature. Or you can directly click the button below to buy. The registered version would help you get back your deleted Facebook messages quickly and easily.
How to find and unarchive Facebook messages on iPhone 
Archiving was easy. The message disappeared, too, just the way it should. However, how to retrieve the archived messages if you want to view them again?
1. Display Archived Message in Chat Window
You can quickly find archived messages by typing your friend’s name into search box. Of course, you can also check your whole archived threads by clicking the Settings icon and click on “Archievd Threads”. From here you can find all your archived messages on Facebook messenger.
2. Retrieve archived messages and conversations
Once upon a time, Facebook Messenger offered an option to Unarchive the archived messages on Facebook. However, when I tried to unarchive people through Facebook app, Chrome or Internet Explorer on my laptop, there is literally no way to unarchive someone.
If you can’t unarchive Facebook messages, you can follow the steps as below to unarchive Facebook conversations on Facebook Messenger by sending a new message to someone whose thread you previously archived.
- First, let’s open Facebook Messenger app.
- Type the person name the conversation with whom you have archived.
- Then you’ll see the conversation that you’ve archived.
- Type in a message and click on send.
- Okay, now go back to the home page. You see, the conversation has been unarchived.
Get back the messages by asking the message recipients for a copy of the conversation
Obviously there’s still another party in the FB conversation. If you’ve permanently deleted your side of FaceBook chat, you can ask the person on the other side of the messages for the copy of the conversation.
If the person you’re chatting with has haven’t deleted the messages, you can ask them for screenshots or copies of the conversation.
- Contact the person on the other side of the conversation with a request.
- If the messages were archived from his/her inbox, you can help him/her to find and retrieve archived messages.
- If the messages between you and the other person, you can ask him to download a copy of the messages and send the file to you by email.
- To simplify the task, specify the time frame of the messages you need.
- Please be polite as possible as you can.
Note from Author:
If you’ve accidentally deleted Facebook conversations on your Facebook Messenger, you can try one of the above methods we’ve shared in this post. If none of them work, you can contact your friend to see whether they can send you back the messages on their FB Messenger. Okay, I hope this tutorial can help you resolve the Facebook conversation deletion issue caused by accidental deletion, even the permanently deleted messages can be restored. Anyway, a simple archiving is better than deleting. Be avoid the headache by using more cautions you can go.