Buying a second-hand from Amazon Trade In or eBay is much cheaper than the brand new one. However, the chance is high that you bought an iPhone with iCloud lock, which prevents you from accessing the iPhone unless you get your iPhone unlocked. Then, is it possible to unlock an iCloud locked iPhone?
iCloud Lock refers to an Activation Lock, which is designed to keep your device and your information safe in case your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Apple Watch is ever lost or stolen. Activation Lock is automatically enabled as soon as you turn on Find My iPhone. You almost can do nothing with an iCloud locked iPhone, can not activate it with a different account, can not erase the device without entering the correct Apple ID and password.
Although Activation Lock is an effective anti-theft measure, not all iCloud locked phones are stolen, of course. Occasionally a seller might forget to remove the iCloud lock on the device before selling it. As such, you can’t get around it unless you were the original owner of the phone who put the Activation Lock in place.
Check whether your iPhone is locked on iCloud:
As soon as you turn on your device and see one of the following screens, you should instantly check if the iPhone is locked with an activation lock.
If you turn on your device and see one of these screens, you should instantly ask for help from the previous owner.
How to unlock iCloud locked iPhone?
1. Ask the previous owner for help!
If you can contact the seller or the previous user, Hand the device back to the seller and ask them to enter their password. If the previous owner isn’t present, they can also unlock the iCloud lock on the iPhone.
2. Sign in to iCloud.com with their Apple ID
- Sign in to iCloud.com with their Apple ID.
- Go to Find My iPhone.
- Select the device from “All Devices” at the top of the screen.
- Click Erase iPhone or other devices.
- Now just click on Remove from Account.
Once the iPhone is removed from the previous owner account, restart the iPhone to begin the setup process.
Remove iCloud activation lock with DNS:
Maybe that you forgot your iCloud password and not being able to activate your iPhone. iPhone or iPad DNS Bypass is a popular solution for iCloud locked devices. Read on how-to steps:
- Turn on or restart your device.
- Go through the setup process, select your country and language.
- Tap on Wi-Fi settings, Click the small “i” letter next to your WiFi local name.
- You need to disconnect from the WIFI network. Just tap on the ‘i’ symbol, go to the connection settings, and select “Forget this Network”.
- Then, click the “i” symbol, and enter the new DNS server IP address. Here are the server’s addresses that match your location below:
- USA: 22.214.171.124
- Europe: 126.96.36.199
- Asia: 188.8.131.52
- Australia and Oceania: 184.108.40.206
- Other continents: 220.127.116.11
- After entering the DNS IP address, tap on “Back >” at the top left of the screen.
- Tap “Activation Help”.
- Once the activation is bypassed, you’ll receive a message that tells you “You have successfully connected to my Server.”
- Scroll down the page, go to the Menu, and set up your apps, music, internet, camera, etc.
If the above DNS server bypass iCloud Activation method could not unlock your iPhone, you can try an alternative solution – iMyFone LockWiper.
Unlock iCloud locked iPhone with LockWiper
- Bypass iCloud Activation Lock from any activated iPhone without password.
- Remove any screen lock, including 4 or 6 digit pins, facial IDs, and Touch IDs.
- Access all the iCloud & Apple ID features and functions after the removal.
- Change your Apple ID/iCloud ID, or create a new one.
Steps to unlock iCloud locked iPhone by using LockWiper:
1. Download and install iMyFone LockWiper on your computer. Launch the program and select “Unlock Apple ID” mode from the home interface.
2. Connect your iPhone to computer and trust the connection. Click “Start to Unlock”.
3. LockWiper will immediately unlock your device, which will take a few seconds.
Please note that, if Find My iPhone is enabled, you’ll need to reset all settings on your device first. LockWiper starts unlocking when your device restarts.
5. When it’s done, the previous Apple ID and iCloud account will be removed from iPhone. You can now use new Apple ID and enjoy all the features on iPhone. LockWiper’s free trial allows you to check whether your device is supported. Why not click the buttons below to download for trial.