How to Transfer Photos from Samsung to Mac
You have Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S10 or some different Samsung device. When you try to move your files from Android to Macbook, you couldn’t find a solution for that. Here I will help you with several solutions.
Let’s see someone who also wanted something off his phone:
Like the above user, you may need to transfer music, videos, and photos from Samsung S9 or S8 to your Mac, for storing or using them elsewhere. Then how to get your favorite pictures from your Samsung Galaxy S9 and save them on Mac? Here we’ll give you 3 ways you can choose for transferring photos from Galaxy S6 to your Mac for long-term storage and other usage.By Arnold
Like the above user, you may need to transfer music, videos, and photos from Samsung S9 or S8 to your Mac, for storing or using them elsewhere. Then how to get your favorite pictures from your Samsung Galaxy S9 and save them on Mac? Here we’ll give you 3 ways you can choose for transferring photos from Galaxy S6 to your Mac for long-term storage and other usage.
Transfer Photos from Samsung to Mac Using Smart Switch:
Transfer Photos from Samsung to Mac Using Smart Switch:
First of all, you have to download Samsung Smart Switch for Mac from https://www.samsung.com/us/smart-switch/
1. Install and launch Smart Switch on your Macbook or iMac.
2. Connect your Samsung Galaxy S9 via the USB cable.
3. Unlock your phone if you see the interface saying locked.
4. When it’s connected, Smart Switch for Mac says Samsung Galaxy S9 or some other Samsung device that you have.
5. Click on your Samsung phone name, here you can see the folder icon beside Internal memory. Click to open it.
Galaxy S9 internal memory folder
6. From the next window, you can get a list of files in your phone memory, as well as Card if you have SD card in your phone.
7. To transfer photos, go to DCIM > Camera, select the photos and drag and drop them to your Macbook.
Smart Switch for Mac allows you to transfer photos, videos, music, contacts, messages, calendars, and more files from Samsung to Mac. Or you can do all this with 1-Click backup. However, you’re not allowed to preview each file before transferring. And backing up the whole content of your Samsung to Mac will take you too much time. Something inconvenient, right?
How to Transfer Photos from Samsung S9 to Mac with an Android File Transfer
Android Data Transfer
- Transfer files from Android to Mac/PC, and vice versa.
- Sync iTunes media files with your Android.
- Manage photos, videos, apps, and files on your Android phone or tablet.
- Sort out and organize Android photos, convert HEIC photos to JPG without quality loss.
How to Transfer Photos from Samsung S9 to Mac with Android Transfer?
1. First of all, download Android data transfer from the above link, and then install it on your Macbook Pro or iMac which running macOS Mavericks or High Yosemite, E1 Capitan, High Sierra, Yosemite, Mavericks, or macOS Catalina.
2. Then, launch it and bring the primary window. Just select “Phone Manager” option from the modules.
3. Now, it’s time to plug your Samsung Galaxy S6 into the USB port of your Mac. Your Samsung phone will be recognized and displayed in the primary window. If you want to transfer all photos from your Samsung phone to Mac, click on “Transfer Device Photos to Mac“.
4. If you prefer selective transfer, click on “Photo” tab to enter photo management panel. Here all the albums will be displayed on the left. Select your desired photos and click “Export > Export to PC“. No matter you transfer photos, videos or music, the steps are similar.
5. This brings up your file browser window. Select a save path to store the photos from your Android device to computer. You can also transfer the whole photo album from Android to Mac.
Beside photos, you can also transfer contacts, text messages, call logs, videos, apps from Samsung Galaxy phone to your computer.
The transfer process will take a few minutes. Please make sure the connection of your Android phone and the computer, and don’t use the device or delete any data on the phone during the transferring process.
Copy Pictures and Files to Mac by Mounting Galaxy S9 as a Flash Drive
If you’re new to Apple’s macOS for iMac, Macbook Pro, or Macbook Air, you might have already noticed it is a difficult task to transfer files from your Samsung to Mac. And your Samsung smartphone or tablet can’t get detected and recognized by your Mac. This is because the USB connection uses the MTP protocol, which is not supported by Mac OS X natively. Therefore, to access the captured pictures and videos of your Samsung phone, you need to install an Android File Transfer which empowers you the ability to view and transfer files and photos from your Galaxy phone to your Mac computer. Now read on to get the details:
- Download Android File Transfer for Mac from https://www.android.com/filetransfer/. This app works on Mac computer with macOS 10.7 and later.
- Just launch the app and open androidfiletransfer.dmg.
- Then drag the Android File Transfer icon to the Applications folder.
- Plug your Samsung Galaxy smartphone into the USB port of your Mac, and unlock your phone’s screen.
- Continually, double click Android File Transfer. It will recognize your Galaxy S9 and then automatically open up with your internal phone memory directories.
- When the Android’s storage is displayed, you can navigate and move pictures and files much like you would any other folder on your computer.
Tips: If you get a No Device Found message, be sure your Samsung Galaxy S9 is in Media Device (MTP) transfer mode. Tap Connected as a media device and select Media Device (MTP) when a checkmark is present.