How to Backup Samsung Galaxy Note 2/3 to PC / Mac?
I am exchanging my Note 2 for another one because my home button stopped working. What is the best way for me to backup everything? I mean everything.. I know you can re download the apps again but I would like settings, texts, call log, all of it as if nothing has changed. Can someone tell me, or point me to a tutorial that explains how to:
- Backup contacts to PC
- Backup paid apps to PC(don’t want to have to buy it twice…)
- Backup app data/settings to PC.
Yes, you can make full data backup of your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 for restoring later with MobileGo for Android by Wondershare. As an Android Manager software, MobileGo for Android can help you with backup everything on your Android Samsung Galaxy to PC. And for Mac users, you can choose MobileGo for Android Pro Mac to copy content of Samsung Galaxy Note 2 to Mac. Therefore, you can not only restore the data that originally backed up from, but also on other phones and even software applications. It also means that you still have access to data such as contacts, messages or your calendar even if your phone gets damaged or stolen.
To start with, you should download the free trial of this Android backup software for Samsung Galaxy. Choose Windows or Mac version as your situation.
How to Backup Samsung Galaxy Note 2 to PC or Mac?
Step 1. Set up your Android Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Run the program after installing it on your computer. Then connect your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 to PC or Mac with a USB cable.
The program picks up phone connection to the PC or Mac automatically and list it in the primary window. Your device model and brand will be displayed in the main screenshot.
Step 2. Back up contents of Samsung Galaxy Note 2
"Backup" option is located on the home screen of the device’s home screen, under "Tools you may like". Click Backup button, this will bring up a file browser that allows you choose file types you want to copy and backup. The program gives you the ability to backup contents as below:
- Text Messages
- Call Logs
- Playlists info
- Android Apps
- Music and Video
Select files that you want to backup. By default, all folders on your device will be automatically selected.
Click "Browse" button to set the destination folder or just use the default setting. Simply click "Back Up" to complete the process. You’re done.
Note: Note: During the Samsung Galaxy Back Up process, please keep your device connected with the PC or Mac.
Android Samsung Galaxy Backup Tool:
- Backup & Restore – Back up everything including contacts, SMS, apps, photos,music, videos,catalogs, etc.
- Transfer Contacts – Easily Manage contacts on your Android phone via PC or Mac.
- Media Manage – Convert video and music to Android-optimized formats and import iTunes playlist to Android.
- Desktop SMS Assistant – Manage, send & reply SMS seamlessly from your PC.
- App Addicts – Download, install, uninstall and export apps quickly and easily.
- Support all type of Android phones and tablets, like HTC/Motorola/Sony Ericsson/Samsung…